Date:      Mon, 09 Sep 2002 22:13:57 -0700
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        Joshua Lee <yid@softhome.net>
Cc:        nwestfal@directvinternet.com, tlambert2@mindspring.com, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why did evolution fail?

Joshua Lee <yid@softhome.net> writes:
> That's why Judaism finds the study of commentaries, and commentaries
> on the commentaries, very important. The brevity of the Written
> Torah points to the Oral Torah.

I have great respect for oral traditions, because normally in these
the responsibility of duplicating the precise meaning rests on the
one teaching. It's much less prone to error than, say, some
mathematical paper is at communicating a fragment of the truth.
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

Politically Correct? Then BITE me!
          --Unwilling to be quoted