Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 2001 20:22:13 -0300
From:      "Antonio Carlos Pina" <apina@infolink.com.br>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Bridge+Routing ? (Was BRIDGE breaks ARP?)

Luigi,

Sorry my fragmented English!

Here's the deal:

|Another LAN|Gateway| -|
|INTERNAL LAN| ->   |BRIDGE| -> |ROUTER| -> Internet
|Another LAN|Gateway| -|

I'm not running NAT, ok ? All my IPs are public ones.
Internal Lan talks directly to our Bridge
Another Lan talks via "Gateway" to our Bridge (another ethernet card too)
The router has 2 static routes pointing to "Gateway" so we can reach
"Another LAN"

With this configuration, whenever "Another LAN" wants to talk with "INTERNAL
LAN", it needs to go until ROUTER, then go back. My question is: Is there
any way you know the box can intercept and re-route the traffic (as it was
the "default gateway") ? But I would like not to change our configuration,
instead I would like to really intercept and change the IP traffic.

Thank you again for your attention,
Best Regards,
Antonio Carlos Pina
apina@infolink.com.br