Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 1999 11:41:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>, John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>, dfr@nlsystems.com, jkh@zippy.cdrom.com, jwd@unx.sas.com, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot.flp doesn't

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, Mike Smith wrote:

> That was the plan.  NFS is a good start.  Ideally, we should leave a
> little room on the first floppy so that people can customise it to
> avoid needing two floppies...

Has anyone looked into the sizes needed for single floppies for
different install methods?  Maybe one that would handle
CD/ppp/parallel/slip but no network card or NFS support and one
with just CD, network card and NFS support.

I know that this could be a PITA getting newbies to use the
correct one but we would still be a one disk install.

Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
jack@germanium.xtalwind.net     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
          Finger jack@germanium.xtalwind.net for my PGP key.
   PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
               enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null