Date:      Tue, 02 Jan 2001 00:40:40 +0200
From:      Konstantinos Konstantinidis <kkonstan@webdaemon.net>
To:        hm@hcs.de
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bundling with i4b

Hellmuth Michaelis wrote:

> >From the keyboard of Konstantinos Konstantinidis:
> >
> > It shouldn't be hard to add this functionality, but I tried to do it and
> > failed miserably since I don't know my way around the i4b source tree.
> > Perhaps someone could consider making this minor change or point out to
> > me a good place to start in the source tree.
>
> This seems to be a bug in isdnd. Incoming calls are handled in the file
> msghdl.c, function msg_connect_ind(). This is the place where incoming
> calls are checked whether to answer them or to ignore them. All the
> checking of the little pieces is done in file support.c function
> find_matching_entry_incoming() which is called from msg_connect_ind().

Thanks a lot for the pointers, they really helped. Apparently this behaviour
is only triggered if the dialouttype is 'calledback', so I changed my config
and now that it is 'normal' the problem is solved (the calls are ignored).

I can use normal because I can't call the cisco to call me back anyway, but
it's on our phone network so it's free to leave the connection up permanently.
However, for real callback circumstances the problem (if it really is a
problem, after all the correct thing to do would be to configure the cisco
apropriately) might persist.

Here's the offending snippet for reference:

if (cep->dialin_reaction == REACT_ACCEPT
    && cep->dialouttype == DIALOUT_CALLEDBACK)
	[accept incoming call for callback in progress]

I can't say I understand fully the mechanisms of the callback implemented,
but I'd hazard a guess that the above should only happen while we're actually
waiting for a callback, like this:

if (cep->dialin_reaction == REACT_ACCEPT
    && cep->dialouttype == DIALOUT_CALLEDBACK
    && cep->status == ST_PCB_WAITCALL)
	[accept incoming call for callback in progress]

I have no means of testing this however, it might break callback support
entirely or introduce a race condition for all I know - perhaps someone
else might be interested in pursuing this further.

Thanks again,

K. Konstantinidis