Date:      Sun, 23 May 1999 21:16:29 -0300
From:      "Roger" <shadow@net-ten.com.br>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Magicfilter...

 Hi, folks

I've installed the Magicfilter package to use a Deskjet and one Dot-matrix
printer.

The /etc/printcap file looks like:

# for the Deskjet

 lp|local line printer:\
 :sh:\
 :lp=/dev/lpt0:sd=/var/spool/output/lpd:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\
 :if=/usr/local/libexec/magicfilter/dj550c-filter:

 # for the Dot-matrix

 lp|local line printer:\
 :sh:\
 :lp=/dev/lpt0:sd=/var/spool/output/lpd:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\
 :if=/usr/local/libexec/magicfilter/epson9-filter:

 That is, every time I want to use a different printer I have to change the
filter at the 'if' line.

1-Is there such a way to avoid changing this file manually? I mean, can the
program
setup the printer automatically when I change the one I use?

2- Did anybody install apsfilter instead of magicfilter sucessfully? What
are the differences?

 Could someone help me?

Roger