Date:      Sat, 17 Sep 2011 17:33:05 +0200
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Dag-Erling_Sm=C3=B8rgrav?= <des@des.no>
To:        Jason Hellenthal <jhell@DataIX.net>
Cc:        Brandon Gooch <jamesbrandongooch@gmail.com>, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PAM modules

Jason Hellenthal <jhell@DataIX.net> writes:
> security/pam_jail         A PAM module dropping users in jails after login
> security/pam_krb5         A Pluggable Authentication Module for Kerberos5

We already have that.

> security/pam_ldap         A pam module for authenticating with LDAP

Not going to happen, since we don't have LDAP in base.

> security/pam_mkhomedir    Create HOME with a PAM module on demand
> security/pam_p11          A PAM module using crypto tokens for auth authe=
nticate against Unix PAM

Requires a PKCS11 implementation in base.  I never finished the one I
started on...

> security/pam_pwdfile      A pam module for authenticating with flat passw=
d files
> security/pam_require      A PAM module for restricting access based on un=
ix group or username

What does this do that pam_group doesn't?

> security/pam_smb          NetBIOS domain logon PAM module

Apparently requires Perl to run, although this may be a bug in the port

> security/pam_ssh_agent_auth PAM module which permits authentication via s=
sh-agent
> sysutils/pam_mount        A PAM that can mount volumes for a user session

That leaves us with the following candidates:

 - pam_jail
 - pam_mkhomedir
 - pam_mount
 - pam_pwdfile
 - pam_ssh_agent_auth

and possibly also

 - pam_require
 - pam_smb

Note that pam_mkhomedir and pam_mount can be implemented using pam_exec
(possibly with some improvements) and scripts.

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=C3=B8rgrav - des@des.no