Date:      Mon, 22 May 2000 20:18:52 +0000
From:      y u r i k <koroby398@ifrance.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   newbie needs advice

Hello All,

total newbie here: all I was subjected to was Apple(mostly) and Windows
before. Tried Linux. Installed several distros several times. Liked
what I saw.

Could you, please, brief me on the differences between the two?
Main objective is to learn why would I go BSD way.
My understanding that BSD is better structured than Linux, but I have
no real knowledge of either one. All I have is  plenty of free time and
curiosity. Or shall I try going both?

I am not asking for "must die" kinda stuff, I just really never dealt
with "real systems" before.

thank you in advance

--
Best regards,