Date:      Tue, 21 Oct 1997 19:15:12 +0000
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@giovannelli.it>
To:        Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD/OS's dosemu port?

Bernie Doehner wrote:

> Hi:
>
> 3.0-SNAP RELNOTES talks about BSD/OS's dosemu having been ported to
> FreeBSD.. I just looked at 3.0-971020-SNAP/ports and didn't find anything
> even close to dosemu.
>
> Where is it? dosemu is great under Linux and having it under FreeBSD would
> be awesome!
>
> Bernie

doscmd ?

DOSCMD(1)               FreeBSD General Commands Manual
DOSCMD(1)

NAME
     doscmd - run a subset of real-mode DOS programs

SYNOPSIS
     doscmd -23AbDEfHIMOPRrtVvXxYz -c file -d file -i port[:cnt] -o
port[:cnt]
            -S int -U int [cmd [args ...]]

DESCRIPTION
     Doscmd can either emulate a subset of DOS and run the single
command cmd
     args, or it can be used to emulate a PC and boot DOS, which allows
it to
     run a larger variety of DOS applications.  It should be noted that
MS DOS
     6.2 and higher appear to cause difficulties for doscmd. To boot
DOS, ei-
     ther provide the -b flag or omit the cmd argument.  If -b is
specified,
     cmd and args are ignored.

     Although doscmd only provides a subset of DOS, it is sufficient to
run a
     variety of programs, including, but not limited to, compilers,
assemblers
     and linker-loaders.

     The various flags available to doscmd are:

etc etc ...

--

Regards...

Gianmarco