Date:      Sat, 16 Jun 2007 14:22:50 +0200
From:      David Naylor <blackdragon@highveldmail.co.za>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD and Information handling

--nextPart1993640.CETo88zvLt

Hi,

I was wondering if there was any tool available in freebsd for handling=20
information, specifically configuration files, package information and such=
=2E =20
I know all information is available via text files however in order to acce=
ss=20
the information the program might have to hard code the retreval system (no=
t=20
being able to use a shared library). =20

So:
1) What tools are there for accessing information (i.e. libraries)?
2) If so is there any unification of the interface?
3) If no to any of the above, is there a need for such tools and should it =
be=20
a unified interface (not just specific subsets)?

David