Date:      Fri, 27 Nov 1998 09:28:55 +1100 (EST)
From:      John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        wilko@yedi.iaf.nl (Wilko Bulte)
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: building -current for Alpha

[ Please use freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org for this sort of thing]

Wilko Bulte wrote:
> Is there anything special I need to do to build -current for Alpha?
>
> I have a -current tree on my Intel box that is exported via NFS to the
> Alpha box (NoName 200Mc, so it takes a while ;-) The NoName currently runs
> FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT #1: Thu Oct 22 03:37:32 PDT 1998 taken as a binary
> from freefall.
>
> A make -j 2 buildworld failed in the parse.c module of 'make'. Leaving
> out -j2 seems to work better. If I remember correctly 'making' current for
> Intel worked with -j 2
>
> Please bear with me, playing with -current is pretty new to me, esp. on
> ALpha.

I built -current a few days ago on noname, but without the -j option.
I encountered a problem with lib/libdisk which still references installed
boot objects. After building and installing sys/boot (IIRC), a `make world'
worked fine.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@freebsd.org http://www.cimlogic.com.au/
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137