Date:      Tue, 15 Feb 2011 00:56:58 -0800
From:      erikmccaskey64 <erikmccaskey64@zoho.com>
To:        "freebsd" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: script help

my little opinion: first run the changes on a backup, or a copy of the file=
s:

this one works under linux bash fedora:
how to create a "shadow" of a folder [same filenames in another dir, but wi=
th 0 Byte size]

in the original, "A" directory:
find . -type f &gt; a.txt

"B" directory:
cat ../a.txt | while read file; do if [[ "$file" =3D */* ]]; then mkdir -p =
"${file%/*}"; fi; touch "$file"; done

so if something goes wrong, there would be no trouble

---- Be Mon, 14 Feb 2011 15:11:19 -0800 Adam Vande More &lt;amvandemore@gma=
il.com&gt; =C3=ADrta ----=20

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 4:34 PM, Jack L. Stone &lt;jacks@sage-american.com&=
gt;wrote:=20
=20
&gt; Hello folks:=20
&gt;=20
&gt; No doubt this will be easy for those with scritping abilities.=20
&gt;=20
&gt; I have a gazillion files by the same name and each contains the same l=
ine=20
&gt; requiring the same change. But the problem is that they are in many=20
&gt; different directories on a server with numerous domains. While I could=
=20
&gt; handle the change using a single directory within my abilities, I'm un=
sure=20
&gt; how to do a search and replace throughout the many domains and their=
=20
&gt; directories. Don't want to mess up. Here's what I'm trying to do:=20
&gt;=20
&gt; # find all of the same filenames (copyright.htm) and then replace the =
year=20
&gt; 2010 with 2011 in each file. Once I have a working script, I should be=
 able=20
&gt; to add it as a cron job to run on the first day of each new year.=20
&gt;=20
&gt; Any help appreciated.=20
&gt;=20
=20