Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 1996 13:43:32 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        alex@tarkhil.redline.ru (Alex Povolotsky)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CAD and word processor

> My friend runs a small ad agency, and he's tired from ever-dropping
> Win'95. I promised him to look if there are some toolf for FreeBSD:
>
>  - good general-purpose drawing tool like CorelDRAW;
>  - convertor from, say, PostScript to CorelDRAW format;

XPaint.  There are other packages, including a distribution licensed
full-blown CAD package that you have to license for non-commercial
redistribution from NASA (Ames?).  But it works great.

The UNIX version of the Island Graphics programs may in fact run under
IBCS2 ABI.

>  - word processor with some MS Word-recognisable output (Word processor
> output, not plain text!)

MS-Word will run under Willows.  The current status is "not quite ready
for release" on the FreeBSD port (no, I'm not doing the port, I'm just
watching --- so far all my hacks have been preempted with better hacks
by Sujal or someone else before I even get them cleaned up.  8-)).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.