Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 2002 13:01:41 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        jmallett@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG, vak@cronyx.ru
Subject:   Re: kern/20523: Support for PCI multiport cards for sio driver

> > > Synopsis: Support for PCI multiport cards for sio driver
> >
> > I think this patch has been superceeded by the puc(4) driver. I think
> > this card just needs an entry in dev/puc/pucdata.c to work.... I hope.
> > :-)
>
> The PR seems to have some extras for multiport cards and their interrupt
> handling.  I would appreciate it if you had a closer look at it.  I don't
> like to make changes for hardware that I don't have.

I don't have hardware for it either. From looking at it an entry like
this in dev/puc/pucdata.c should get the card working:

{  "Cronyx Omega-PCI Serial Adapter",
   {	0x10b5,	0xc001,	0,	0	},
   {	0xffff,	0xffff,	0,	0	},
   {
	{ PUC_PORT_TYPE_COM, 0x18, 0x00, COM_FREQ },
	{ PUC_PORT_TYPE_COM, 0x18, 0x08, COM_FREQ },
	{ PUC_PORT_TYPE_COM, 0x18, 0x10, COM_FREQ },
	{ PUC_PORT_TYPE_COM, 0x18, 0x18, COM_FREQ },
	{ PUC_PORT_TYPE_COM, 0x18, 0x20, COM_FREQ },
	{ PUC_PORT_TYPE_COM, 0x18, 0x28, COM_FREQ },
	{ PUC_PORT_TYPE_COM, 0x18, 0x30, COM_FREQ },
	{ PUC_PORT_TYPE_COM, 0x18, 0x38, COM_FREQ },
   },
},

What the patch does do and this wouldn't is adding support for the
64 deep fifos and the hardware cts/rts. Maybe I should add a flags
field to the puc_device_description structure so that these things
can be set in there. I see that the top byte in the sio flags field
can be used to set the fifo size. I don't see that documented in
the sio man page though. Maybe the 16650A-type bit in the sio flags
will do the hardware cts/rts thing?

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@icomtek.csir.co.za / jhay@FreeBSD.org