Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 2003 23:43:27 +0100
From:      "Coercitas Temet'Nosce" <coercitas@hotmail.com>
To:        "'Simon L. Nielsen'" <simon@nitro.dk>
Cc:        <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE : IPFilter

Yes, kinda :p

Thanx for all your answers btw

-----Message d'origine-----
De=A0: Simon L. Nielsen [mailto:simon@nitro.dk]=20
Envoy=E9=A0: lundi 10 f=E9vrier 2003 23:43
=C0=A0: Coercitas Temet'Nosce
Cc=A0: current@FreeBSD.ORG
Objet=A0: Re: IPFilter

On 2003.02.10 23:37:36 +0100, Coercitas Temet'Nosce wrote:

> Yes, SPI stands for Statefull Packet Inspection. Wasn't aware IPFW was
> SPI Firewall, always thought IPFilter was much better. I used to run
> iptables on Linux and tried IPFilter (which is very good imho). IPFW
> pages aren't that explicit or I didn't looked at the right place.
From ipfw(8) :

HISTORY
     The ipfw utility first appeared in FreeBSD 2.0.  dummynet(4) was
intro=AD
     duced in FreeBSD 2.2.8.  Stateful extensions were introduced in
     FreeBSD 4.0.  ipfw2 was introduced in Summer 2002.

> Any of you can point me some nice pages to learn more about it ?
The ipfw manpage has a lot of information...

This is getting off-topic for current...

--=20
Simon L. Nielsen