Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 2000 05:57:16 +1000 (EST)
From:      andrew@ugh.net.au
To:        adam palitz <adampalitz@earthlink.net>
Cc:        free bsd questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, adam palitz wrote:

> try to install version 4.4lite, and I'm receiving a panic message.  I

Ummyour probably trying to install 4.0-RELEASE. You may want to look at
http://www.au.freebsd.org/handbook/history.html

> kernels code I would still like to know)...ahh, and one more question
> (sorry) ...how can I dump panic info (during the install of course) to
> a file (or serial port) so I don't have to hand type these in the
> future?

When you get the press return to boot immeadiatley or any other key to
blah blah right at the start of the boot press a different key. Then type
boot -D. Messages should go to both the serial port and the VDU.

Andrew