Date:      Mon, 29 Jun 2009 11:43:42 +0200
From:      Johan van Selst <johans@stack.nl>
To:        avleeuwen@piwebs.com
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pike (lang/pike78) on FreeBSD 7.2

--9amGYk9869ThD9tj

Hi Arjan,

Arjan van Leeuwen wrote:
> Since I upgraded to FreeBSD 7.2 (from 7.1), my Pike installation has been
> hanging regularly. When this happens, there is always one pike process in
> [wait] state and one in [umtxn] (from top).

I use Pike frequently on 7.2 systems, but haven't seen this problem yet.
You should probably ask this on the Pike mailinglist, where the
developers may come up with suggestions to further investigate this,
	http://pike.ida.liu.se/forums/

A new Pike 7.8 release is due "real soon now" by the way, and I will
update the FreeBSD port once it's released (and it works for me).
For now you might try to install the release candidate from
http://pike.ida.liu.se/pub/pike/beta/7.8.316/Pike-v7.8.316.tar.gz
to see if that one still has the same issues.

Regards,
Johan

--9amGYk9869ThD9tj

--9amGYk9869ThD9tj--