Date:      Wed, 31 May 2000 23:43:26 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Bharat Mediratta" <bharat@sinia.com>
Cc:        "Erik Trulsson" <ertr1013@student.csd.uu.se>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GENERIC 4.0 kernel compile fails on in_cksum.c

In message <NDBBKDIKOLJOLALGCEBCAEJFCLAA.bharat@sinia.com> "Bharat Mediratta" writes:
: I took Kris Kenneway's advice and switched to 4.0-RELEASE.  The
: quotes that I gave you are, in fact, from the 4.0-RELEASE
: /usr/src/UPDATING file.  I'm now somewhat committed to upgrading
: once to 4.0-RELEASE and then from there to 4.0-STABLE.

Yes.  Sadly, we found out after the 4.0-RELEASE went out that they
were inaccurate.  Since you sent to 4.0-RELEASE first, I'll bet it was
smooth sailing to -STABLE from there.

Warner