Date:      Tue, 17 Aug 1999 15:59:28 +0200
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
To:        "Arthur H. Johnson II" <arthur@tucows.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Apsfilter

On Tue, Aug 17, 1999 at 09:33:35AM -0400, Arthur H. Johnson II wrote:
> I don't know how to fix it, but it looks like a version of make is missing
> from your system.  I have no idea which package xmkmf (a kind of make for
> X) comes in, but you might want to try make and gmake.

No, this is wrong! xmkmf makes Makefiles out of Imake files Read the man
xmkmf. I'm almost absolutely sure that it comes with the X11R6
distribution, since I've never installed it. The errors I've seen when
trying to install where the installation wants xmkmf is that the file is
not found, and that only due to that /usr/X11R6/bin is not by default in
root's PATH. The file is in /usr/X11R6/bin/

It's ususally X11 apps that want to use xmkmf, but only to create a real
Makefile so that make can continue it's work.

> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been trying to install apsfilter but have a problem when I try and install transfig
> >
> > it returns the following error.
> >
> > ===>  Configuring for transfig-3.2.1
> > xmkmf: not found
> > *** Error code 127
> >
> > Anyone know how to fix this problem
> >
> > kyle
> >
> > --
> > Gauls!  We have nothing to fear; except perhaps that the sky may fall
> > on our heads tomorrow.  But as we all know, tomorrow never comes!!
> >                 -- Adventures of Asterix.

                           __o
regards, Gunnar       ---_ \<,_
email: flygt@sr.se ---- (_)/ (_)