Date:      Tue, 22 May 2001 11:42:09 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Reverend K Kanno <presence@churchofinformationwarfare.org>
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3ware

> Does any anybosy have any good/bad storis of the 3ware Escalade 6x00 IDE raid
> controllers under FreeBSD?

Lots of success stories; Yahoo! are deploying hundreds of them, for
example.

I can think of only two outstanding not-success stories; one chap running
one in a fast K7 system that was having some unexplained but possibly
timing-related issues, and one very difficult to reproduce bug which may
be the result of the adapter losing a command, which I think that 3ware
have now resolved (waiting on test results back from them).

Hope this helps; I can definitely recommend these controllers.