Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 2002 05:36:37 -0400
From:      "David E. Cross" <crossd@cs.rpi.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   make release question

I noticed the following happens periodically, I cannot explain it:

(snipped from a release.log)

> sh -e /usr/src/release/scripts/doFS.sh -s mfsroot /R/stage /mnt 4320 /R/stage/mfsfd 8000 minimum3
> vnconfig: cannot find or load "vn" kernel module
> vnconfig: /dev/rvnn0: Device not configured

If I then "chroot ${chrootdir} /bin/sh" and "sh -e /usr/src/release/...."
by hand it works fine.   I use the vncommands quite heavily outside of
scripts for manipulating all sorts of things without trouble, this just
looks very puzzling.

Host system is 4.7-*cough*RELEASE*cough*  (yeah, not official until the
re-team says so, but pulled from the RELENG_4_7 branch ~12 hours ago), SMP,
512MB ECC RAM; though I don't see how this has any affect on it.  System
appears fully stable with the exception of this problem and occasional
"microuptime() went backwards" errors (though no errors happened during any
phase of that build).

Are there things I should be looking for, or to try?

--
David Cross                               | email: crossd@cs.rpi.edu
Lab Director                              | Rm: 308 Lally Hall