Date:      Mon, 13 Jul 1998 11:40:30 -0400
From:      "Larry S. Marso" <larry@marso.com>
To:        gimp-developer@scam.xcf.berkeley.edu, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD can't Gimp CVS

I posted last week on the gimp-developers mailing list to report problems
cvs'ing GIMP on FreeBSD.  (An example of this problem is at the end of this
e-mail message).

The responses said I must have old versions of autoconf, automake or m4.
No dice:

##larry@second>autoconf --version
##Autoconf version 2.12
##larry@second>automake --version
##automake (GNU automake) 1.3
##larry@second>pkgi | grep m4
##Information for m4-1.4:

Another response pointed out that glib is now separate, and must be
compiled and installed first.  Well, I get the same problem trying this
first as trying any other component of the full GIMP installation.  I'm
attaching the text below.

I would appreciate any suggestions about where to go from here.

Here's the output of my attempt with the glib directory.
root@second>./autogen.sh
I am going to run ./configure with no arguments - if you wish
to pass any to it, please specify them on the ./autogen.sh command line.
aclocal: macro ` at /usr/local/bin/aclocal line 315, <CONFIGURE> line
39aclocal: macro ` at /usr/local/bin/aclocal line 315, <CONFIGURE> line
39aclocal: macro ` at /usr/local/bin/aclocal line 315, <CONFIGURE> line
39configure.in:118: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow
cross compiling
configure.in:119: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross
compiling
configure.in:120: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross
compiling
configure.in:121: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross
compiling
configure.in:122: warning: AC_TRY_RUN called without default to allow cross
compiling
creating cache ./config.cache
./configure: 561: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting ")")

Now type 'make' to compile GLIB.

Best regards
--
Larry S. Marso