Date:      Tue, 9 Jul 1996 11:59:35 +0300 (IDT)
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@cs.technion.ac.il>
To:        MR REGGIE H KNAPP <FKHT36A@prodigy.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Boot manager

On Sun, 7 Jul 1996, MR REGGIE H KNAPP wrote:

> I have Windows 95 installed and it is using nearly all of drive C.  I
> have a new drive that is at present unknow to Windows.  I intend to
> use this drive for FreeBSD and perhaps other OSes.  I assume I need
> to get the Boot Manager on to the beginning of drive C, but intend to
> tell the FreeBSD install program to use only the second (drive D)
> disk.  Will the boot manager be placed on drive C automatically?

That depends. What you should do (I remember it once worked for me but
I'm not absolutly sure...) is to tell the BSD installation to use both
disks, but don't change any partition information on the first disk.
After you leave the partition editor, you'll be presented with the boot
manager option for each disk separately. You can then have it istalled on
the first disk as well.

Nadav