Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 2004 18:53:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Is the Iomega USB Zip CD drive supported?

Have any of you gotten the Iomega USB Zip CD drive working with any
version of FreeBSD?  I'm having no luck with it.  On a 6-current
system from mid-October, I get this when I connect the drive:

umass0: Iomega USB Zip CD, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2
umass0: Get Max Lun not supported (STALLED)
umass0: Phase Error, residue = 0
umass0: Phase Error, residue = 0
umass0: Phase Error, residue = 0
umass0: Phase Error, residue = 0
umass0: Phase Error, residue = 0

"camcontrol rescan all" gives me another 5 repeats of the phase
error messages.  After that, "camcontrol devlist" still doesn't show
the Iomega drive.

If anyone has this drive working, I'd really like to hear about it.
I don't have much experience with USB, and could easily be doing
something wrong.

Thanks,
John