Date:      Wed, 05 Jan 2005 21:34:29 +0100
From:      Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@freebsd.jazztel.es>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   New patches for firefox/mozilla/thunderbird

Well,
I think that, with some glitches, latest patches are OK.

So, I'll do only some latest notes.

mozilla.sh scripts:
 - I think new version is mostly OK, but some glitches must be on the
patches
   + I'm not sure that beos mimeset is well placet on the scripts.
      This must go after MOZIZZA_BIN is adquire.
   + The script is 'mozilla' oriented (suite)
      -browser, -chat, -calendar, ... may be take off in thunderbird
      -mail, -compose, -chat, -calendar, ... may be take off in firefox
   I'll do this for upstream merge.
  Also, I need a solution for the freedesktop StartupNotity problem
  (When going remote, the protocol handshake is not completed).

desktop entries:
  Those are what I can do, feel free to add more i18n support if possible.
  Sure that StartupNotify=false is in all until we found a solution.
  I'll try to work a patch for kappfinder (kdebase3) for this also.

At last in mozilla, there is a typo in pkg_install. '# ' lost.

I think that joe URI patch must be applied to all mozilla apps. Now,
external protocol handlers and app registration works for me in
firefox/mozilla/thunderbird

Also, moz_pis scripts (S50cleanhome and S90dsp.sh) are working great.

The bad news are that two big problems still remain: browser-plugins and
extension.  I think that some kinda of mozilla-hier and/or
mozilla-libexec port must be needed for that.

Also, none of our plugins do a great work to self-install and register
properly (.*.keep) on brower-plugins

--
  josemi