Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 18:16:23 +0400 (MSD)
To:        Fabrizio Invernizzi <Fabrizio.Invernizzi@CSELT.IT>
Cc:        FreeBSD QUESTIONS <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, Guardini Ivano <ivano.guardini@CSELT.IT>
Subject:   Re: Install different versions of FreeBSD on the same machine

On Mon, 10 May 1999, Fabrizio Invernizzi wrote:

> I need to have two different versions of FreeBSD on the same machine
> (2.2.6-RELEASE and 3.1-RELEASE).

My solution (rather ugly) was to install them into different partitions.
First I installed 2.2.8 (or 3.1? don't remember), then changed partition
type in the MBR to something different from A5 with Norton Disk Editor.
After that installation of second system went fine (it just did not notice
the first). Finally, when I want to switch between systems, I have to edit
partition table with Norton Disk Editor :-) to change first's type to/from
A5.