Date:      Wed, 28 Jul 1999 08:49:27 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Nick Hibma <hibma@skylink.it>
To:        Dan Williams <williams@hamlet.res.cmu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dual-homed host

Could you post the dmesg of your machine when both cards are installed?
Can you see them both? If so, are the iobase and irq different for the
two cards? (if they are not displayed boot verbose (set boot_verbose at
boot prompt)).

If the cards are ISA make sure you use different IRQ and differen
IOBASE. If they are PCI or EISA you should be alright and one of the
cards is probably stuffed.

Try to reseat the cards to make sure they are seated properly.

Next time you mail something like this, mail more of the environment you
are using. Which version of FreeBSD are you using for example? What
other cards are in that machine?

Nick

e-Mail: hibma@skylink.it