Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 2001 11:05:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jaime <jaime@snowmoon.com>
To:        Nilesh Gambhava <freebsd4_1@rediffmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: your mail

On 5 Feb 2001, Nilesh  Gambhava wrote:
>    Firstly I am booting from cd rom FreeBSD 4.1 CD ..
> then I am doing typical installation without configuring kernel. I am
> selecting few packages to be installed..
> then I found following to errors at installation time
>   ( During installation process ..)
> Either I get
> Syncying disk 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 & Computer will restart & Machine can't
> boot in BSD
>
> or
>
> At half of the installation process I get messsage
> Initialing Media failed & Machine will become hang

	You don't need to send this question to the mailing list and CC
the mailing list.  I'm removing the second listing of freebsd-questions
from the CC list.

	I'm guessing at this, but it sounds like you might have faulty
RAM.  Do you get anything above "Syncing disks...." that might be
informative to us?  Something like "panic: page fault"?

							Jaime