Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 1998 10:53:42 -0500
From:      Ken Hansen <khansen@njcc.com>
To:        "Ron G. Minnich" <rminnich@Sarnoff.COM>
Cc:        hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: A web-based FreeBSD configuration tool.

Ron G. Minnich wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Feb 1998, Adam Turoff wrote:
> > Ken Hansen <khansen@njcc.com> writes:
> > > Is it REALLY that hard to come up with a keyboard & monitor?
> > For a regular box, no.  For a toaster, possibly.
>
> we have a 128-node cluster here at sarnoff. no keyboards, no monitors, no
> display cards. Needless to say, keyboard-less admin protocols look like a
> good idea from here :-)

Granted, ther are special applications, but for a stand-alone, set &
forget
machine, I don't think my previous statement is TOO far off the mark
("Is it REALLY that hard...") - but I suspect that a 128-node cluster is
(for now) a rare configuration...

BTW, are you at the Sarnoff center in Princeton, NJ? What are you doing
with 128-nodes? Just curious...

> "toaster". Now that's a good model.
>
> ron

Ken