Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 2003 19:00:12 -0600
From:      "Guy Helmer" <ghelmer@palisadesys.com>
To:        "'Gleb Smirnoff'" <glebius@cell.sick.ru>, <net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: polling for gigabit NICs

I have patches to finish polling support for the em(4) driver; the em
driver developer also has patches that he said he would commit after
4.8-release.

The bge(4) driver has tunables in the source code that (as I understand
them) allow you to adjust the number of microseconds between interrupts
(look for the place in the driver where sc->bge_rx_coal_ticks and
related values are set).  I have increased those to decrease the
interrupts to a reasonable load on the systems I have used.

Hope this helps,
Guy