Date:      Wed, 04 Jun 2008 15:31:31 +0200
From:      Patrick Hurrelmann <outi@bytephobia.de>
To:        hselasky@c2i.net
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD and libcapi20 with Remote-Capi

Hi Hans-Petter,

first I'd like to thank you for your awesome work and effort to bring
FreeBSD's usb and isdn support forward and to keep it alive. Thank you
very much!

Now as it seems that updated usb-support is quite near I'm facing new
problems that i cannot currently handle. As I probably don't know how to
describe it best, I will simply start with the aim that I'd like to
achieve.

Connect to several Bintec ISDN-routers via Remote-Capi. A Java-based
software is installed locally on FreeBSD 7.0 boxes and it needs to
connect to those Bintec-Routers by Remote-Capi. Now there's a
JNI-wrapper for Java that calls libcapi20.so (called jcapi, see
jcapi.sf.net).

So what I'm basically missing is a libcapi20 for FreeBSD that is either
Remote-Capi capable or your valuable help or suggestions as a FreeBSD
isdn and kernel hacker. Additionally there is also an old library
provided by Bintec itself with Remote-Capi support, but i fail to
understand how to plug it in into the whole system (and fail to change
the Makefile to build shared libs instead of static ones). This old
library is available at
ftp://ftp.bintec.de/pub/libcapi/capi_1.7.5.tar.gz

I'm also forwarding this to freebsd-isdn@ as maybe others have already
faced this problem, although i could not find any references across the
net about this.

Help or any hints are really appreciated, as I need to handle this and
this block communication via ISDN. If I can't solve/work around this
issue I will have to move the whole application from FreeBSD to Linux :/

Best regards from Germany

Patrick Hurrelmann

--
 Patrick Hurrelmann