Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 96 15:57:17 -0700
From:      threeLoopnine Design <lupa@3loop9.com>
To:        "Shyh-Donq Yu" <ysd@FreeBSD.csie.NCTU.edu.tw>, "Doug White" <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>, "Support" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Ethernet

I have decided to add an ethernet card, to my PCI bus based Pentium. So I
can access a network that is hooked to the internet via a T3 line.
Looking through Jordan's picks it looks like he suggests the SMC
EtherPower Ethernet card, based on DEC's DC21041 controller chip. But in
the list of kernel line I can only find reference to DEC's DC21040 PCI
Ethernet adapter. Is this still the best PCI Ethernet adapter for
10baseT? Is one of these names in these lists a typo? Should I just use
the:"  device  de0  " command string?

Anyone who can answer any of these questions I would appreciate a
response.

Also anyone who can suggest a "maxusers" number that would be suitable
for a fair to heavy traffic internet server would also be much
appreciated.

Thank you,
Derek Ruth
Three Loop Nine, Inc.