Date:      Mon, 8 Sep 1997 22:56:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jamil J. Weatherbee" <jamil@counterintelligence.ml.org>
To:        jbryant@tfs.net
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: upsd?

Might want to look at linux powerd program --- I hacked this once for a
ups you can just print out the serial line statuses and see what changed
when it get disconnected etc.

I took apart a ups the other day and was amazed to find that it used a 12
volt battery, kind of like a motor cycle battery, I was thinking of
connecting it to 4 deep cycle marine batteries in parallel to increase the
time it will keep the system up. I think the marine batteries are 110 Amp
hour and the ups is like 12 Amp hours. giving me like 30X the rated time
on the ups.