Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:59:46 -0500
From:      "Brian J. McGovern" <bmcgover@bmcgover-pc.cisco.com>
To:        qa@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   A couple of 5.0 RC#0 sysinstall issues

I just installed RC#0. It appears to be as good as some of the DP versions. I
haven't done much with it yet, but a couple of minor sysinstall issues that
are ugly.

1.) It appears, during install that devfs gets mounted on /dev twice. It
doesn't appear to impact anything, its just an oddity.

2.) Doing a Custom install with a custom distribution set, I receive, on the
first console:

S:21494970 = (ff/ff/ff)
E:2988-899 = (ff/ef/ff)

S:29880900 = (ff/ff/ff)
E:78172289 = (ff/ef/ff)

1S:63 = (0/1/1) E:128519 = (7/fe/3f)
S:128520 = (8/0/1)
E:120101939 = (ff/fe/ff)

Note that these are scattered around on the display behind the front dialog
box, so the order they appear, or if this is the entire message, I'm not sure.
I'm guessing that there is some output that should be going to the debug
console, rather than the install console.

I'll report more as I find it.
	-B