Date:      27 Mar 1996 12:53:34 -0800
From:      pete@pelican.com (Pete Carah)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache problem found

In article <Pine.SCO.3.91.960327105517.27913A-100000@buffnet5.buffnet.net>,
steve hovey  <shovey@buffnet.net> wrote:

>i found the problem I was having - apache 1.0.3 will drop the client
>connection if the page has any number of graphics in it  - but apache
>1.0.0 does not. (under freebsd 2.1R)

Doesn't for me; I'm running 1.0.3 on 6+ systems right now, 3 of which are
2.1R (but with -stable kernels of a couple of weeks ago; maybe that's it?)

(2 are 2.0.5R with slightly updated kernels and the other one I run most
of the time is an october snap upgraded to -stable via a make world
yesterday).  I plan to upgrade all to -stable once I get my kerberized
rdist working :-)

>I dont know why - its just a heads up for anyone else out there who has
>been pulling hair over this.

I have other hair-pulls but not *this* one...  The biggest is that I wish
that apache would not dump core when it can't resolve a virtual host;
just skip that one and go on, like the DNS does...

Hope this makes it; I'm treating this like a moderated news post for
the first time...

-- Pete