Date:      Fri, 9 Jul 1999 20:13:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      davec@unforgettable.com
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   StarOffice 5.1 and setup

I know this has been asked many a times and have gotten plenty of replies, but unfortunately my attempt has been dismal even after combing through dejanews and FreeBSD's mailing list archives.

I downloaded StarOffice 5.1 (not 5.01) just recently, hoping to upgrade to it from my 5.01 which worked perfectly as per lt.tar.com's instructions.  I followed the same proceedure for 5.1, and took some hints from the StarOffice howto www.freebsdrocks.com for net install.  But when I run /usr/local/StarOffice/bin/soffice after the successful install, or any other binary from the StarOffice/bin dir, it would always shunt me into the setup script (where I would always get a pick of repair or deinstall).  That was installing as root.  I even tried installing as a regular user into the user's home dir.  Absolutely the same result.

And yes, I did read through the mailing list archive to grasp the idea that I need to check my .sversionrc file to make sure it exists, and contains the correct path.  And it does exist, and it does contain the correct path.  For those who were able to run 5.1 successfully, could you please share your experiences and los if it exists?  I've really at an impasse trying to get this to actually run.  It's installed, it just won't get it through it's head that I don't want the setup script when I run bin/soffice.

Thank you.

Dave