Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 1996 10:44:53 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        jcl@pavilion.co.uk (Jonathan Laventhol)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Multiple delivery of UDP and IP aliases

> I'm getting multiple delivery of UDP packets under particular
> circumstances to do with SO_REUSEADDR and aliases on interfaces.
> Briefly, a packet sent to an alias is getting delivered twice,
> to different sockets, whereas the packet to the main address
> only gets delivered once.  This is a real problem to do with
> named serving on alias ip addresses, but I've got test code if
> anyone wants to play with it.

It's a Legitimate Bug in 2.1R and 2.0.5R (at least), and somebody devised
a patch.  Check the -hackers list, and if you cannot locate the patch,
write to me and I will dredge it up.

My apologies to whoever fixed it, I can't remember anymore  :-(

... Joe

Solaria Public Access UNIX - Milwaukee, WI			   414/546-7968