Date:      Wed, 14 Dec 2011 05:20:29 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bill Tillman <btillman99@yahoo.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Files End Up Read-Only With Samba

I am running FreeBSD-8.2-STABLE-amd64, last update was a few weeks ago. I r=
un Samba-3.6 on this server and it has served me well for my Windows client=
s to store and share files. All was working fine until recently I've began =
to notice that whenever I save a file to this server, they always end up wi=
th permissions which force me to open them in RO mode when I access them la=
ter. The message I'm seeing on the Windows clients is that the file is lock=
ed by another user. I check and the owners of the file are root:my_user_acc=
ount. The permissions are set to rwxr-xr-x. I'm not sure why the root accou=
nt shows up in the ownership and like I said this was working fine before.=
=A0=A0