Date:      Sat, 5 Jan 2002 09:25:25 +0100
From:      Matthias Schuendehuette <msch@snafu.de>
To:        Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Peter.Sauerland@siemens.com, iss@cert.siemens.de, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TCP Sequence-Prediction (4.5-PRE)

Am Samstag, 5. Januar 2002 06:06 schrieben Sie:

> Guys, ISN generation has been secure since 4.3-release, though it has
> gone through a few revisions since then.  If ISS disagrees, it is
> what should be inspected, not our ISN generation code.  Changing the
> various sysctls is not going to change the output in any fashion that
> is noticeable to most people.

Basically I agree and I hope, that the ISS people do some
investigations concerning that issue. But OTOH it's at least a
parameter to play with (the rfc1948-sysctl). Even if you're right (what
I expect), I want to have it checked out. The scan lasts for about 15
minutes and I think it's no big deal to do some more and see if there
are any reactions by ISS. If my colleague agrees, I'll know more on
monday...

However, many thanks for your interest and participation so far!

Ciao/BSD - Matthias