Date:      Sun, 26 Jun 2005 20:09:53 -0500
From:      Bruce Burden <brucegb@realtime.net>
To:        nethaniel@box201.com
Cc:        'Bob Bomar' <bob@ibsd.us>, questions@freebsd.org, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RAID Cards

On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 12:21:02PM -0600, nethaniel@box201.com wrote:
> I can say my experience with adaptec 3200s cards has not been the most
> fruitful. It's been 2 weeks now and I cannot even get my system to load past
> the initial bootup options screen. Anything but option 6 fails. The sad
> thing is I have a driver but I need to load some kind of os on the system or
> I cannot load my driver.

	Fails how? I was not able to boot 5.4 with my Adaptec 3210S
   installed. I believe the best I got was a hang or a panic. I finally
   got the system to behave when I added OPTION ASR_TOOLS to the kernel.

	What is option 6 in the boot screen?

							Bruce
  "I like bad!"                         Bruce Burden    Austin, TX.
        - Thuganlitha
        The Power and the Prophet
        Robert Don Hughes