Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 21:37:40 +0900
From:      KUROSAWA Takahiro <fwkg7679@mb.infoweb.ne.jp>
To:        James FitzGibbon <james@ehlo.com>
Cc:        eischen@vigrid.com, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fixed - pthread altsigstack problem

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001 18:46:16 -0500
James FitzGibbon <james@ehlo.com> wrote:

> Both of the patches below fix the problem mentioned in PR bin/25110.  The
> first one fixes it inside of kern_fork.c and would appear to apply the
> corrective behaviour regardless of whether the process uses libc_r or not.

The first patch that I sent to you makes the SS_DISABLE flag setting
be inherited to the child process (especially when the parent have
cleared the flag),  as I had mentioned in the mail to -current:
	http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=332928+0+archive/2001/freebsd-current/20010304.freebsd-current

I'm not sure that the SS_DISABLE flag setting should be inherited to
the child process,  but at least I can say the behavior of 5-CURRENT
(and 4-STABLE) is different from that of Solaris 7, NetBSD 1.5 and
FreeBSD 3.5-STABLE.