Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 15:26:30 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@wetter.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sendmail problems

Since three days I get no delivered email, sendmail reports an error in
/var/log/maillog like this:

Oct 23 15:00:31 <mail.err> ipamzlx mail.local: lockmailbox /var/mail/root
failed; error code 75

Ownership of /var/mail is root:mail, access code is 775.

This problem occurs since three days, all mails have been queued for that
time but I do not have any kind of access to it.

Does anybody has any idea what's going on?

A while ago I deleted by mistake my sendmail.cf file in /etc/mail. I
grabbed one of the default files found in /usr/share/sendmail/cf/cf
(generic-bsd.4.4.cf), but I saw that the original file, taken from a
freshly installed system was bigger, so I copied this one. Can anybody
tell me how to create the standard sendmail.cf file out of the source
distributed by FreeBSD? I do not have any special things configured, so it
should be approach what I need simply creating the standard file ...

Thanks in advance,

Oliver