Date:      Sun, 24 Mar 2002 13:31:35 -0500
From:      Chris Klein <kleinc@mindspring.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   problems with freebsd 4.4-stable

I have a problem, I don't know how to get out of.  I had several boxen
running 4.3-release, and I updated them using CVS source to 4.4-stable.
I tested the system for about 2-3 weeks on a box doing a decent amount
of network actifity with loads in the 1-2 range with no known problem.
I then rolled out this version to all of my other systems.  However,
when I try to compile software, whether it be freebsd 4.5 userland or
just a simple application, the compile blows up with a linker problem.
I have a system running 4.5, but it has totally different hardware then
the other systems.  Can I tar the system that works, and then untar it
on the other boxes?  if the enet cards are not supported, I could always
recompile the kernel to provide support for it IF I can get the compiler
to work again.  the box with 4.5 is running 4.5-release.  any ideas?

Chris klein