Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 1995 22:51:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Berger <peterb@telerama.lm.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   New SCSI labeling vs. old

Ok.  I installed my 2.1 system with Jordan's wonderful sysinstall
utility.  Now, I've added another SCSI disk (that previoulsy was a DOS disk).

So.   fdisk sd1.  disklabel sd1.  swapon /dev/sd1b, newfs /dev/sd1e.

Works greta.

What am I worried about?  Well, the partitions are all in the form of:

sd1e

instead of:

sd1s1e

I looked through the handbook, but found nothing addressing this.  Is the
"s1" an artifact of making the other disks share space with other OS's?
Am I being a hypochondriac in worrying about this?  Will everything just
work fine and I should shut up?  or will it lead to ultimate
destruction?  And what about Naomi?  Will she love again?

pete