Date:      Tue, 8 Apr 2014 21:55:46 +0100
From:      "seanrees@gmail.com" <seanrees@gmail.com>
To:        Mark Felder <feld@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10-R, Xen 4.1 guest, pf/NAT performance question

I did notice one more odd thing today:
  Good VPS: throughput at ~5mbps:  ~1800 context switches
  Bad VPS: throughput at 0.5mbps: ~240 context switches

measured using systat -v.

In general, the number of context switches, traps, and system calls were
about an order of magnitude more on the good VPS vs. the bad VPS.

I'm wondering if this perhaps rings any bells? (or opens up avenues of
tuning or investigation)

Sean