Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 2002 20:10:27 +0200
From:      Paul Everlund <tdv94ped@cs.umu.se>
To:        Mooney Potter <theowlpost@fastmail.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I'm New, Help, regarding Installation

Mooney Potter wrote:
> To the Support Group,
>
> When I download the iso images for freebsd5, do I just burn them tot
> he CD? Like do I need something else to read the iso-images when I
> boot or does my computer?

ISO-images should not be burned to a CD as data, but as an ISO. If
burning as data you will end upp with one big file with extension .iso
and you will not be able to boot. If burning as an ISO you will end up
with a CD with a lot of files on it. I do not know what kind of burner
software you are using, but Easy CD Creator, among many others, are
able to burn ISO's.

> Do I just need the ISo images to install FREEbsd?

Yep.