Date:      Sat, 17 Jul 1999 16:29:02 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        lh@aus.org
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Known MMAP() race conditions ... ?

> >Yes.  And you'll notice that it runs just fine on FreeBSD.  So I guess
> >FreeBSD does have working threads.
>
>         I dont even know what threads are but mysql on 3.2-release doesnt
> work with -lc_r unless you get a different one, like from 3.1 or -current.

3.2-release tried to evolve the Draft 4 pthreads toward Draft 10.
Unfortunately, they started by adding the manifest constant everyone
uses in order to distinguish Draft 4 by its absence.  8-(.

I specifically except 3.2-release from this discussion.  I'm sure
there are particular Linux releases that people would do the same
for, given the libc/glibc/libc2 wars...

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---