Date:      Mon, 14 Feb 2000 12:40:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      Nella White <nella@red.asis.com>
To:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   sendmail and spam prevention procedures

Hi - I am using both Ipass Global Roaming network and a wholesaler of
dialup access. These IPs need to be able to send mail through us, though I
don't want to enable promiscuous relaying in Sendmail. I'd appreciate any
suggestions about how to accomplish this. I have a file of IPs from my
wholesaler that can be used to relay selectively, but despite reading the
Sendmail docs, I don't know how to add the Sendmail rules for this.

Ipass suggests using "POP before SMTP" to give the roamers' IPs temporary
access to send mail. I'd appreciate pointers to how to accomplish this as
well.

Thanks,
Nella