Date:      Mon, 30 Aug 2004 13:51:36 -0300
From:      Fernan Aguero <fernan@iib.unsam.edu.ar>
To:        Subhro <subhro.kar@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: maximum hard drive capacity supported?

+----[ Subhro <subhro.kar@gmail.com> (30.Aug.2004 12:23):

Hi again!

I've finally found some info. It's been difficult because I
had to browse and read some pages (aghhh) before getting to
the right place. Searching did not get me the answer :(

| You could check the motherboard manufacturer site for the exact size
| of hdd that is supported but don't bet your house on it ;-)
|
| Regards
| S.

+----]

and here it is for the archives, in case anyone reading this
is interested:

the Soyo 6vba133 supports up to 80 GB (caveat you might need
to have the latest BIOS installed)
http://www.soyousa.com/kb/kbdesc.php?id=28

For other Soyo motherboards the following link will get you
near the answer:
http://www.soyousa.com/support/assis_guide.php?answer_id=84

Now, you say I don't bet my house on it ... of course I
won't ... but what about $80 :) I what are the reasons to not
trust what the manufacturer says?

Thanks again,

Fernan

Fernan Aguero -  fernan at iib.unsam.edu.ar
Phone: +54 11 4580-7255/7 ext 310, Fax: +54 11 4752-9639
Check http://genoma.unsam.edu.ar/~fernan for more info.