Date:      Mon, 01 May 2000 18:23:37 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-4.0 PCMCIA broken ?

In message <200005020005.KAA11880@cairo.anu.edu.au> Darren Reed writes:
: In some mail from Warner Losh, sie said:
: >
: > In message <200004281032.UAA01136@cairo.anu.edu.au> Darren Reed writes:
: > : Does FreeBSD-4.0 support IRQ sharing ?  Or rather, does pccardd support
: > : configuring devices in such a manner ?
: >
: > No.  I've never had good luck getting it to work at all.
: >
: > : pcic0: <Intel i82365> at port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000 irq 10 on isa0
: > : pcic0: management irq 11
: >
: > That's the problem.  I think I've committed a fix that pays more
: > attention to the environment variables that set this.  When you try to
: > use the same IRQ (in this case 10) between the bridge manager and the
: > actual cards, bad things can happen.
:
: Which file(s) do I need to update here ?

You set the irq for the management IRQ in the kernel config file.  You
should set it to 11.  It defaults to 10.  You'll also want to delete
the machdep.pccard.pcic_irq line from your /boot/loader.conf for now.
Also, you may want to try this in polling mode, in which case you'll
want to remove the irq XX clause from the config file.  That will free
up one more IRQ if you need it.

: > : I've also got a 3Com 3CCM156B (modem) which pccardd shows as ""("")
: >
: > Is this a cardbus card?
:
: Yes.

cardbus is completely broken in 4.0.  There's no support for it at
all, and the dev/cardbus files doesn't even compile, they are too
green.

Warner