Date:      Wed, 07 Apr 2004 15:38:31 -0500
From:      Jon Noack <noackjr@alumni.rice.edu>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, obrien@freebsd.org, scott_long@btc.adaptec.com, mark_salyzyn@adaptec.com
Subject:   asr and the modern era

Hey all,
I have an Adaptec 2100s, a spare machine (i386), and no lif^H^H^H
project at the moment.  It seems that the asr driver is rather unloved.
  I would like to rectify that in my awkward, teenage boy
coming-into-his-own way...

I'm not familiar with any of the code in question, so this will be a
learning experience for me.  I hope it will be beneficial for me and
others.  What I would greatly appreciate is any help/pointers to get me
on my way.  My (admittedly uninformed) goal is to complete the steps
outlined on the busdma page
(http://www.freebsd.org/projects/busdma/index.html).  I contacted David
O'Brien about any progress he's made but have not heard back from him (I
assume not much has happened here).  I would especially appreciate
comments from those who have performed these same steps for other
drivers.  I hope to acquire an amd64 machine at some point to help test
these changes.

Given my lack of experience, this is a bit overwhelming, but I plan to
dive right in.  Direction to the deep end of the pool would be very
helpful ;-).

Thanks,
Jon Noack